Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Network speeds differ greatly between similar machines….

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Network speeds differ greatly between similar machines….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • QuattroDave

Evening all,

I noticed an interesting one this evening and for the life of me I cant work out whats going on….

I have 2 Workstations & 2 laptops, if I do a ookla speed test on either of the laptop or 1 of the workstations i’m getting the same speed, 361Mbps down and 20Mbps up give or take a few Mbps, which is about right. However on the other work station its alot slower, 120 Mbps down & 20 up. All machines are Windows 7 pro x64 all with the same AV all hard wired to the same switch and all about the same spec annoyingly the work station with the issue is the highest spec.

I gone through checking everything I can think of, checked its connecting at 1 Gbps, checked for nasties, updated the drivers, traffic management, firewall probs, disabled services, safe mode, even installed a new cat6 patch cable but the speed just doesn’t change…

Short of a reinstall or a new network card i don’t know what to look at next…. any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: