GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Network Printer – Locally Attached

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Network Printer – Locally Attached

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Standard_IT

Hello All,

I am running a large Kodak Digimaster black and white Printer.

Our digital operator is getting a new Windows 7 machine, but I cannot seem to get the new machine to properly send to the Digimaster Printer.

There are currently 3 computers that flawlessly send to the Digimaster printer, 2 MACS and a Windows XP machine. That being said i have also run into the same errors on a seperate windows XP machine, so i do not believe that windows 7 is causing the problem.

My issues are when I set up the printer, It seems to add correctly, but in the 2 methods I have tried, it has separate issues.

Add a Printer
    Add a Local Printer
    Create a new Port
    Standard TCP-IP Port – where I enter the IP of my printer – 192.x.x.17

This is where it says “Additional Port information Required”
    Device Type-
    Standard – Generic Network Card(in a dropdown menu)
    Custom – Settings(this is a button to click)

Here are my 2 separate methods I have tried that have failed!
    [FONT=&quot]1) [/FONT]I proceeded with the stardard network card option
    [FONT=&quot] i. [/FONT]This option automatically sets it up for RAW Protocol and Port #9100
    [FONT=&quot]b. [/FONT]This brings me to Install the Printer Driver
    [FONT=&quot]c. [/FONT]I click have disk and navigate to my driver and select and click next.
    [FONT=&quot]d. [/FONT]Follow steps to finish
    [FONT=&quot]e. [/FONT]Do not share this printer
    [FONT=&quot]f. [/FONT]Set as default
    [FONT=&quot]g. [/FONT]Finish

This is where it seems to have installed correctly, but doesn’t function correctly.
    If I send a test print – It errors out – Through the troubleshooter through windows, it comes up with an error “ printer cannot be contacted over the network”

I am able to ping the printer. I have reinstalled multiple times, used different drivers. I am stuck here. This is where I tried method 2.

[FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT]I proceeded with the Custom settings at the “Additional port information required” screen.
    [FONT=&quot]a. [/FONT]This is where I had the option to change to LPR Protocol.
    [FONT=&quot]b. [/FONT]This required me to enter a Queue name under LPR Settings – which I named DigitalDell.
    [FONT=&quot]c. [/FONT]This brings me to Install the Printer Driver
    [FONT=&quot]d. [/FONT]I click have disk and navigate to my driver and select and click next.
    [FONT=&quot]e. [/FONT]Follow steps to finish
    [FONT=&quot]f. [/FONT]Do not share this printer
    [FONT=&quot]g. [/FONT]Set as default
    [FONT=&quot]h. [/FONT]Finish

This is where it seems to have installed correctly again! But doesn’t function correctly again!
    If I send a test print – It seems to send correctly this time.
    Spools in the queue – and then disappears as if it sent correctly.
    However it doesn’t show up on the printer, nor does it print.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    Please advise,

Standard IT

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.