need to create a batch to automatically install an MSI package

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting need to create a batch to automatically install an MSI package

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • oudmaster

Hi everyone,

appreciate if someone can give me an example on my requirement, unfortunately I am very new to Windows scripting,

I want my application server to do a task every day at 9:00am to install agents software on remote machines,

I have used google and got the basic staff which is:

psexec @c:test.txt -u domainusername -p password msiexec.exe /qn /i “\192.168.1.10ApplicationApp3.1.msi”

so I can use this Batch file with task scheduler, but the thing missing is, I want the server to skip the installation if the agent is already installed on the remote machine

something were available on the Internet like:

IF EXIST “filename” (
    REM Do one thing
    ) ELSE (
    REM Do another thing
    )

!

cd %commonprogramfiles(x86)%

but unfortunately I dont know how to link it with my command, I need help on this

thanks,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The World’s Most Comprehensive Teams to Teams Migration Checklist

Whether you have just started thinking about migration or have already begun to move, our Microsoft Teams Migration Checklist can help guide you through the different phases for a Teams migration to another tenant.

This detailed six-step guide will walk you through key decision points while also providing more prescriptive best practice recommendations where appropriate.

Discover key insights for the following phases of a Teams migration: 

• Discovery
  • Pilot
  • Planning
  • Communication
  • Execution
  • Validation

Sponsored by: