Need help with Windows Clustering Setup

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Need help with Windows Clustering Setup

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    nsharpley

Hi …

I am trying to setup a 2 node cluster on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed, with the intention of running Exchange 2003 on it.

As per the Microsoft advice I am setting up the cluster before I install Exchange.

Bear in mind I already have a functioning Exchange Server that I wish to move to this cluster once established.

The issue that I am having is this:

I am just not sure that the cluster is being setup correctly to facilitate the functionality that I am hoping to achieve.

I will explain what it is that I am hoping for and hopefully you can tell me if I am on the right track or not.

On each of the two servers I have 8 SCSI drives. On each server I have set up two separate arrays in the HP Array Config Utility. So I have a C: drive exclusively for the OS and applications, then I have D: for my Exchange data store.

Each server has it’s own internal storage so, from what I understand, there is no cluster-orientated shared storage. That’s assuming I’ve understood this terminology correctly.

I have chosen Majority Node Set quorum because, again from what I’ve read, it seems that is the most suitable with the storage scenario I have.

My major concern is that I dont want to go ahead with the Exchange installation and migrate my data only to find out that, due to lack of clear understanding, I have gone about this all wrong.

I have trudged through pages and pages of Microsoft technet notes, they have been very helpful. However I still feel there are some areas here that I need more clarification on.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.