Today I ran into a very strange situation with the servers of my network. We three domain controllers two living here in Calgary and one living in Barcelona, DC1 is intended to be the PDC in our network, DC2 just died two weeks ago so I seized the fsmo roles back to DC1, UTIL1 is another DC that we have in Calgary but it does not have any roles, and finally the Barcelona DC is just another DC with no roles.
So everything seemed to be fine until we were checking some settings in one of our servers it was pointing to the DC we have in Barcelona, we were just adding the active directory snap-in there in order to check something and it took a lot of time because this server was pointing to the wrong server in the other side of the atlantic.
I checked this.
Network –> the preferred DNS was our DC1, and the Alternate DNS server was not the one we have in Barcelona.
nslookup –> it was pointing to our DC1 in Calgary.
Active Directory users and computers / operation masters on DC1 –> RID operations masters: DC1, PDC operations master: DC1 and Infrastructure operations master: DC1
I also put in the command prompt this line in order to see the outcome
It shows the freaking Barcelona server instead of our DC1 in that particular server.
I checked the DNS server service in DC1 and it is working, both can see each other when I ping them.
I would like to know what you suggest in order to fix this problem.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.