GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools, do the hard disk g

Home Forums Other General Hardware My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools, do the hard disk g

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bspkumar

Hard disk type : Seagate SATA.
    Model Number : ST3160215AS
    Serial Number : 6RA1J7H0
    Firmware Revision : 3.AAD

Mother Borad : Intel 945 GCCR

My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools, do the hard disk going to fail? If yes, how to transfer my data to a new hard disk easily?

Complete description of the issue :

1.I have experienced boot up issue with my PC 2 days back. My PC not even boot into safe mode also.I got the following blue screen errors on successive restart of PC .

A. 0x00000050 ( 0xC374037F, 0x00000000, 0x804FBA19, 0X00000000 )
    B. STOP : C0000135 ( Unable to locate component )
    c. 0x0000007E ( 0XC0000006, 0X80698C12, 0XF79896E4, 0XF79893E0 )

2. I have removed and replaced the hard disk ( several times ). I can boot into windows now. But,one of the above Blue sreen errors is coming all of sudden while working on PC. It is happening independent of the application I am using.

3. And the following messages are coming at the XP welcome screen and while working on the PC.

A.C:windowssystem32driversetcnetloc.wlt has corrupted and unreadable. Perform CKDSK.
    B.C:windowssystem32driversetcAPPFCONT.DAT has corrupted and unreadable. Perform CKDSK.
    C.C:windowssystem32driversetcidsflt.cfg.bck has corrupted and unreadable. Perform CKDSK.
    D.C:pagefile.sys has corrupted and unreadable. Perform CKDSK.

4.I have performed CHKDSK on all local drives exept local drive C. CHKDSK giving a message that ” can not directly access C drive “.

5.I have performed virus scan with the following software and no virus has found.
    Panda Internet Security, Malware Bytes, Spybot, TrendMicro Housecall.

6.Performed Seagate’s ( my hard disk is a seagate hard disk ) SeaTools hard disk tests.
    Short DST : Pass
    Long DST : Fail

HDtune software test : Pass

HijackThis Log is attached.

Thank you for spending your valuable time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.