Multiple Domains – Same Network

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Multiple Domains – Same Network

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rickyrak

Hello IT Gurus!

I wanted to get some advice on the best way to tackle a domain issue. Currently, my company operates on domain name which was created when the company was under a different ownership. So for example, we are contoso.com Now that we have changed names, and we have a need to bring our servers up level to Server 2016, we want to create a new domain to match our current company name (example, contisi.com)

Our idea was to create the new forest and domain controllers with contisi.com and then slowly start to migrate people. The questions I have are below:

– As both servers would be in the same subnet, are there any risks we face to operate this way? Will we suffer any issues when we promote the new domain?
    – Do we need to consider anything special on our DNS setup?
    – I assume we should build a trust between the two domains so that we can operate all of our member servers to the users seamlessly?
    – Would creating a new domain and new forest be the best way to do this?

If anyone has any experience having done this before and can offer some guidance and lessons learned, that would be great! Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.