GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Moving towards virtualizing production server

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology Moving towards virtualizing production server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JeremyW

I have a fairly large client (for me anyways) that has 9 servers in one location. They need to add two more servers.

So I know there are advantages to going virtual and I think these two new servers might be a good place to start. I was initially thinking of just getting one giant server box with plenty of DAS to host 2 or 3 VMs and adding more boxes as we move more to VMs.

But then I was talking with a Dell rep and he was suggesting going with a SAN that would be more scalable and give better performance (and we could leverage servers that we already have).

So the question is does anyone have recommendations for evaluating what is the best infrastructure to implement?

PS – this client is not scared of spending money. They’ll put $100k or more towards this project if it makes sense to do it.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.