VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

Moving the roaming profiles storage location

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Moving the roaming profiles storage location

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ry12a

Hi
    I need to change the storage location of users roaming profiles. They currently reside for instance on \server1usersprofiles and I need to move them to \server2usersprofiles
    Am I correct in thinking that a simple move (accomplished by getting NTBackup to copy the folders and restoring them to a different location) and a redirect from the AD account properties will NOT work?
    I have a feeling that there is a reg key involved somewhere that tells the account where to look for its profile info. I have searched for some documentation on this issue but it seems impossible to find any sort of comprehensive answer. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience of this?

Britto
    Participant

Hi
    I need to change the storage location of users roaming profiles. They currently reside for instance on \server1usersprofiles and I need to move them to \server2usersprofiles
    Am I correct in thinking that a simple move (accomplished by getting NTBackup to copy the folders and restoring them to a different location) and a redirect from the AD account properties will NOT work?
    I have a feeling that there is a reg key involved somewhere that tells the account where to look for its profile info. I have searched for some documentation on this issue but it seems impossible to find any sort of comprehensive answer. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience of this?

<div id=”tw-target-text-container” class=”tw-ta-container hide-focus-ring tw-nfl” tabindex=”0″>

</div>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By