More on missing messages

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook More on missing messages

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • duane

Hello,

I posted a message about a week ago regarding messages not reaching their intended recipient and getting “stuck” in the categorizer. There’s a new development that may indicate a bug in Exchange 2003. Or, possibly a bug in Outlook 2003. The problem continues and the common thread with all the emails getting lost is that the subject line is blank. In fact, I had the problem user (s) send two identical emails. One had a subject line and the other one had a blank subject line. The one with the subject line went through. The one with a blank subject line did not. Has anyone ever run into this???? :roll:

Below is a portion of my original post:

Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition

I’ve had several incidents where mail was stuck in the categorizer. Mail was sent internally and externally. I checked the Message Tracking Center and the following was showing on the messages in question:

SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing
    SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
    SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download this eBook!

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

his eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure. The eBook will also outline some of the major decision points across four general-purpose guest access policy scenarios for how an organization can set this up with standard licensing.

Download Now

Sponsored By