GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

MMC cannot open the file C:WindowsSystem32dsa.msc

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 MMC cannot open the file C:WindowsSystem32dsa.msc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KenH

Full error message:

MMC cannot open the file C:WindowsSystem32dsa.msc
    This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient rights to the file.

I have been encountering this error on our 2012 DC for the past two weeks or so. All Administrative accounts are affected by this error. No one can run the ADUC MMC.
    If I create a new MMC and add the snap in – it works. I just cannot open the built in ADUC console. (sites and services and domains and trusts both work fine btw) I have spent several hours trying fixes I have managed to find through google, all to no avail. Has anyone encountered this error and actually been able to fix it?

tried SFC, replacing the dsa.msc from another server, checked permissions on the file, made sure there was a copy in system32, not just in syswow64…

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond – I do appreciate it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.