I’ve got a server running 2012 r2 Essentials and want to migrate it to 2016 Essentials.
I tried an in place upgrade previously but that didn’t go well and had to roll back the VM that was in play there.
I’ve decided to do a manual swing migration, but it’s clear MS hates their own product as they no longer have the migration mode they claim is there in the documentation.
As such I’m looking over older guides and I’m still coming up short on steps.
I’m assuming at this point I need to:
– cancel the essentials wizard once it pops up
– rename server
– join server to existing domain governed by 2012 essentials
– xfer fsmo roles over to new server
– set up dns (no DHCP as that’s handled by pfsense) and xfer primary roles over to new server
– setup other necessities like remote web gateway and mount the iscsi target and move shares to be housed from new server
– xfer main ad duties to new server
– repoint remaining firewall rules for some items over to see server from old
– shutdown old server and point dns entry for it to new server (and add in primary IP into nic config as one of the alt IP addresses)
Anything I’m missing?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.