MIgrating VM between hosts

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization MIgrating VM between hosts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    todd231
    Participant

I have a bit of a problem, I’m migrating a mailbox server between hosts because one of my hosts has problems.

I started the migration last night around 6:13pm and it quickly reached 65%. It’s been stuck at 65% since around 6:30pm or 6:45pm.

Yes, I did a live migration while the server was still on. The server has 3TB of actual used space it’s moving so I can’t rule out that it’s just moving that massive load and it’s taking time.

Yes, I know I should have shut the server down and then restarted it and placed it on one of my other hosts.

My question is this; right now, can I power that server down without fear of breaking anything?

If I can power it down, I can start it on another host and then continue my work in getting the problematic host restarted.

I f**ked up, I know it, but I need to figure out what to do at this point.

Also, this is in VMWare ESXi 5.1. It’s not supported these days so we’re far behind. I am getting quotes for re-upping our license and getting with Support on this but that could take until Monday and I need my mailbox server that is migrating back up relativley quick. We’re going on 24 + hours it’s been down.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.