GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Microsoft Virtual PC or VMWare ???

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Microsoft Virtual PC or VMWare ???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    j4mes_bond25

I’m working towards my MCSE & MCITP and as a part of the course, I’m supposed to be doing many practical exercises. Further to conflicit recommendation, I wondered if anyone around could possibly help me & point me in the right direction.

Further to few recommendation, I’m torn between using Microsoft Virtual PC or VMWare. I intend to have at least 2 virtual PC created, whereby I’d have Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 installed in one and Windows XP installed on another. I’d like these 2 PC to be set-up with 1 being server & another being client and would like both 2 communicate with each other in a domain controller environment.

My fear is whether the virtual PC with Windows XP be able to communicate with Server 2008, considering both virtual PC would be using the same network card (along with my “real” laptop using the same network card, as well.

Can someone please recommend if Microsoft Virtual or VMWare would suit my need? Lastly, is it straightfoward to establish connection between these 2 virtual PC (Server OS & XP) or is there any particular setting that I need to fiddle with?

Any help or further recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.