Mapping drives on an FTP server; 2003

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Mapping drives on an FTP server; 2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    James Haynes

i musta missed something… cause i cannot seem to map a drive for the life of me.

i have an FTP server. it contains folders that outside orgs post image files to. my partner is using bulletproofFTP to manage FTP users.

i would like to have internal users connected to this folder as well, so that they may view the files being posted.

in the internal users batch file, there is a line to connect them to one of these folders:
    net use X: \gammaFTP TCATS

when this command is run from the batch file, i get either a bad user name or password, or the network path cannot be found.

the part im a little lost on… i can manually map the drive as a domain user from the Tools>Map Network Drive wizard, and i can browse the share in “my computer” but i cannot map it via the command prompt with a ‘net use X: \blah’ command.

so what did i miss? the permissions on the folder are identical to the server hosting the home folders… what gives?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.