Lost a customer to Google Apps

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Lost a customer to Google Apps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RobW

I had a real estate customer for the last five years and provided them exemplary service. I installed SBS 2003 at their head office five years ago. They had sales offices in five cities all connected by VPN.

The customer outgrew SBS when they got to 90 real estate agents. The traffic connecting to a shared folder across the VPN link was becoming demanding. The company decided to explore other company’s ideas as well as listen to my proposal.

I suggested Microsoft hosted Exchange and SharePoint via Bell Canada, an agent for Microsoft hosted products. My customer went with Google Apps set up by another IT company. I have not read good reviews for Google Apps in an ‘enterprise’ environment. They paln to continue using Microsoft Outlook. I understand Google was hacked by the Chinese last month. I also heard Google scans your e-mail and pushes ads on you, even with paid enterprise level Google Apps.

The disappointing part is the years spent forging close business relationships to have them dissolve so fast. I started suggesting hosted Microsoft Exchange over a year ago in an attempt to help reduce licensing costs and to meet with the growing demands of this company.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.