Looking for clarification on 2010 needs – 2003 -> 2010 Migration

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Looking for clarification on 2010 needs – 2003 -> 2010 Migration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    InterTubes

Hello all. I am getting ready to migrate from 2003 to 2010 and had a few questions that I can’t seem to find clear answers on.

I have a pretty small exchange organization, ~35 users and ~60 mailboxes. My current DB size is ~90GB.

2003 is all on a single server and in vmware. I have installed the new server os, 2008 r2 x64 with all updates and per-requisites, but have not actually installed exchange 2010 just yet. My question is do I need an Edge Transport server? I don’t have a DMZ or even another segment of my network (like I said, very simple setup), where it seems the proper place for the edge role is. Am I able to do AV, Spam, etc, without the edge role? I have purchased the latest version of Symantec Mail Security for Exchange. I assume I will not have any issues with installing this on my single Exchange server which will contain the roles listed in the Typical Installation.

Is my thought process flawed here? Am I doing things really wrong? Thanks for taking the time to lend me a hand here. :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.