login error win2000 server standard

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 login error win2000 server standard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pstjean

Hi,

I have a weird migration going on. Let me explain the environment in which I have inherited.

Server 1 (domain x) old server, domain controller, windows 2000 server standard, iis offline, exchange offline, users created here and authenticated

Server 2 (domain y) new server, domain controller, windows 2000 server standard, iis online, exchange online, same users created here

Server 3 (joins domain y) new file and application server, windows 2003 standard.

my goal is to retire Server 1 and authenticate everyone on Server 2

Problem: with a test computer, I am unable to log into domain y (the new domain). I am also unable to connect any user computer to domain y. I keep on getting a network error.

I have tried to create a trust relationship between Server 1 and Server 2 but the users lose access to the exchange server on Server 2. I have removed the trust and people are now able to log in as usual.

I can login with winxppro stations but not win2000pro stations. i always get a network error.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.