Laptop with Intel-Core-i5-6200U, to virtualize 64-bit Guests. ( VMWare 7 )

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Laptop with Intel-Core-i5-6200U, to virtualize 64-bit Guests. ( VMWare 7 )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • loureed4

Hello,

I want to buy a HP 15 – i5-ac139ns.

I would like to host some 64-bit guest machines inside (Windows 2012, Exchange 2010…) but I wasn’t sure whether this will be possible.

So I looked up the processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/88193/…up-to-2_80-GHz

And I read a confirmation that this processor has Virtualization capabilities when I read: Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)

But it comes with a warning which I paste here:

“…‡ This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration …”

Which I think it means: Go to HP and ask them.

I called HP but they weren’t able to tell me so they opened a case and they will call me back tomorrow.

I was wondering if I could look into this further myself, but don’t know how. I tried on vmware website, hp and INTEL site.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: