GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Lab/Test Setup – Using 2008R2 ISCI Targets

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Lab/Test Setup – Using 2008R2 ISCI Targets

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pjrouse

Hi,

I have found myself in posession of a number of surplus servers (some with a ton of disk space) and wish to use them to build myself a 2012 lab environment.

The issue I have is that the servers with the storage have old RAID cards that only have drivers for up to 2008R2.

Can I set them up using 2008R2 and install the ISCI target and then make the storage available to 2012 hosts to use for storage of VM’s (ie hyper V over SMB), or would I have to setup the storage server, then a 2012 server that attachs to it via ISCI and then provision the share on the 2012 server to then use it for hyper-V over SMB storage?

It seems a shame to waste all the kit I have but Ive been informed by 3ware that no 2012 drivers are likely for the RAID cards I have so need to know what my options are.

Thanks

Paul

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.