Issue with SATA Raid

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark0

I have a 2003 server, I have installed a second Adaptec 1210sa and connected 2 x 250gb Sata drives, now i built a mirror in the raid bios booted into windows and went into the raid software to watch the synch % this got to 3% and no further overnight. After this happened the server now did not respond, I had to reboot and remove the drives and all was good again, I have since tested the hard drives and they are ok, I have replaced the raid card with a newer revision of the same car, I have replaced the hard drives and sata cables.
    After this was all done I booted into windows and made a software mirrow through the OS, It started synching and it got to 38% and that was it no further, the os stopped responding and I had to reboot, I then rebooted the os and check the drives the mirror was not there just 2 dynamic hard drives.

Now I cant seem to get a mirror to work in this system, I have taken the old card and drives home and isntalled into a xp machines and they all work fine…
    There are no errors on the server when this happens other then the raidcard timing out. thats is.

any ideas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.