GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Is my Cluster Locking the discs on the new SAN correctly? pics included

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Is my Cluster Locking the discs on the new SAN correctly? pics included

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    myk3

As we all know the Cluster services locks access to the quorum and drives on the standby nodes.

We have added an additional SAN and I have added a drive on both Nodes with the same drive letter N.

I created a new group in the cluster admin called test and added the physical disk resource for the new drive N.

I can now add something to the new drive on the active node, then ‘move groupe’ to the 2nd node and this node can then access the N drive and see the files I made (and vice versa).

But for some strange reason the new disk is showing in the disk manager like below:
    new.jpg

its showing the black bar and stating the size of the disk, although this is locking the drive and I cannot access it in my computer on the standy node it is showing like that.

At the moment the 3 disks on the old SAN which is in operation locks the drives and shows them like this:
    old.jpg

I would like to make sure 100% that this is ok before I start to use the new SAN for business use.

Thanks

Myk3

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.