Internet Connection problem on Win 2K3 server (Event_ID: 1053)

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Internet Connection problem on Win 2K3 server (Event_ID: 1053)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    akomarag

Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 1 which acts as a domain controller (along with 3 other DCs) in our domain. This server is neither the Operations Master, nor a DNS server, nor a DHCP server nor the Global Catalog.

The server is currently having a problem with the internet connection. I am not able to browse through any web sites even when the server is connected to the internet ( I can see the packets being sent and recieved and the network cable also works fine. ). When I try to browse through any web site in IE..it returns a page not found error.

The event logs show the following error:

” Event_ID: 1053
    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. ). Group policy processing aborted. “

This server is configured to use the primary DNS server of our domain and it seemz to be working fine as well coz when I do a nslookup, it shows me the correct results. The network card drivers are up to date as well.

When I restart the server though, the internet starts working on the server and I can browse through web sites, but the next day the internet stops working again on the server and I need to restart the server to get it up again.

Could anyone help me out with this problem??

– Ashok

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.