Instant Search Behavior with Online archive

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Instant Search Behavior with Online archive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jeitzen

Hello all,

We have some users that are utilizing the Online Archive features of Exchange. However, we are having some issues with Exchange instant search.

Now, according to MS documentation on technet. A users Online archive is searchable just as any other. It is indexed and will return results according to your search options.

I have discovered this to be partially true. If you have the all folders option checked, no matter your parameters, your search will never return anything on the Online archive. To make the Archive searchable, I had to select only the currently selected folder option. I then have to click on a folder in the archive I want to search. While the search all folders apparently doesn’t include the archive.

Now, this was all done from Outlook 2007 clients. I am not sure how it behaves in Outlook 2010.

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this and what you did to get around them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.