Installing MS Exchange 2003

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Installing MS Exchange 2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TheDonkey

Hello,

I have a brand new Windows Small Business Server 2003 from Dell.

Its currently acting as a print server and a file server.

I want to also use it as an email server using Exchange 2003 but have no idea where to start. I need to install Active Directory and DNS server etc. I have tried to setup the network on an active directory before but had problems (when the users computer turned off and rebooted, they couldnt connect to the domain and logon etc).

Can anyone provide me with a complete step-by-step guide for installing each required thing for Exchange 2003 including DNS server, Active Directory etc…

Also, the following are my network setup:

I have a web hosting account running cpanel from catalyst2. I have one domain (themedicalpartnership.com) attached to this web hosting account. All emails are currently setup by this hosting account and people access it via POP3. I have FULL DNS control over my domain.

At the office I have a Netgear Router/ADSL connection. I presume I want the DNS server to be 192.168.1.1 which is the Netgear Router? All the client PCs DNS server is set to 192.168.1.1 – server IP address is 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 – I have 2 gigbit NICs i dont know if 2 are required??

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this massive venture for me? I have fairly good networking/server knowledge but havnt ever messed about with AD etc :(

Thanks all
    Harry

EDIT: Also, the router assigns static IP addresses to the clients/servers/print servers – I have setup the router to assign static IP based on their MAC address, all the clients/servers are set to automatically get IP address.

EDIT: I also read “If this server needs to resolve names on the Internet, it should have a forwarder configured.” from the setup of a DNS server guide. This server needs to resolve names i presume? So I would need a forwarder?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.