Installing 2000 Server AD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    oskar

Hi

I followed the instructions given on the petri.co.il webpage for installing the Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 machine. Everything went pretty smooth: first, I installed the DNS, then enabled dynamic updates and forwarders for it, then checked it and everything was working fine. Then I promoted the server to the domain controller and integrated the forward and reverse lookup DNS zones into the Active Directory. Then I tried to add another Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 machine to the domain (of course, I pointed it only to the DC DNS beforehand and enabled dynamic DNS updates on its interface). The dialog box affirmed that the server joined the domain successfully. Though after the server restart I expected that it would register itself in the DC DNS, but it never happened. I repeated the same join procedure with a test Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine and it registered itself in the DC DNS without any problems.

What could be wrong with the member Windows 2000 Server SP4 machine, why doesn’t it register itself in the DC DNS?

Many thanks,
    Oskar

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.