Insert image into email using image URL; Not embedded or attached

Home Forums Office Office 2007 General Issues Insert image into email using image URL; Not embedded or attached

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nonapeptide

(Using Office 2007 SP2)

This seemed like such a simple thing to ask, but it’s turned out to be anything but. In an attempt to reduce the use of large attachments being sent through the Exchange server, I created a directory on our web host with the intention of having users place files that they want to send to someone within it and then send links to the files.

However, in some cases, users (myself included) like to embed pictures into the email (especially useful when sending out user education emails such as “DO NOT EVER CLICK ‘OKAY’ TO INSTALL SUPER-ANTI-MAL-VIRUS-WARE 2011!!”). I was hoping to be able to embed the pictures into the email using the URL to the file which would reside in the ’emailattachments’ directory. Just like you would with a simple element in HTML. It appears that this is not possible using Outlook, but only if you use Word or an HTML editor to create the email first. Please, someone tell me I’m missing the obvious and that my Google-fu is in need of repair.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.