Info on Remote App server for SBS 2011

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Info on Remote App server for SBS 2011

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RobW

I am in the testing stages for a project this winter for a customer. They have Small Business Server 2003 and I will likely have them upgraded to SBS 2011 by then.

They have a stand-alone server with Consoma ERP that is a business management program for their organization. ERP is SQL Server driven and each workstation has an ERP client installed that connects to the ERP server.

I will be upgrading the ERP server. Consoma has customers using terminal services to connect to the ERP client. Consoma ERP has features for both internal workers as well as outside sales workers and customers.

I intend to virtualize thei with Hyper-V. I will put the ERP server on one VM and the terminal server in a second VM. I want the local users to have a RemoteApp icon on their desktop that I will deploy locally as an .msi.

I also want the sales team (four users) to have access to the ERP server. I did not want the local users to have to go to the TS Web Access screen to launch their client just for the simplicty of having a RemoteApp icon on their desktop. I am expecting to deploy the RemoteApps to the sales force using TS Gateway.

TS Gateway uses port 443 so I am curious what kind of conflict I am going to have with the SBS server as it has port 443 direct to the SBS server.

Anyone have any experience with this senario?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.