Imaging and Virtualization.

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues Imaging and Virtualization.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • jtullous

Hello everyone im new hear to the forums. But not new to Petri. This place has been great. But I got a problem that google makes it really hard to find the answer and was looking for some quick answers.

What I got is a terminal server on a windows 2003 at a remote location. What I need to accomplish is to move the computers OS not the computer. I have been looking into imaging software but all I have found makes images for the same piece of hardware. What I need is an complete image of the OS but it need to work on a completely different piece of hardware.

Anyone have had any experiences with this. I have done images before but not like this and usually they are for the same piece of hardware. This case it not the same piece of hardware.

Last question. More of a poll really. I am new to the virtualization world but have messed around with a few. What is a really good system for virtualization? I know of CITRIX and VMware. And now I am see Hyper V for server 2008 but what I have read Hyper V is only for 2008. Feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all the feed back on my issues.

PS Didnt know which section to slap this thing in.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: