I recive error 1612 when trying to start Outlook 2003

Home Forums Office Office XP / 2003 General Issues I recive error 1612 when trying to start Outlook 2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MiniSun

Hello Folks,
    I have encountered a frustrating problem: When trying to start outlook 2003, I recieve an error message: “The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.” This is Error 1612. :confused:
    All the other Office 2003 programs are functioning properly with no problems
    Now to tell you guys what I have:
    WinXP Pro SP2,
    Office 2003 Pro SP1,
    All recent XP updates have been installed and are implied.
    Office updates – untill about a month ago.
    I have installed and run Windows Installer 3.1 with no success in solving this problem.
    I have installed and run the recent Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (msicuu2.exe) – no success:roll:
    I have installed and run the recent Local Installation Source Tool (LISTool.exe) – again – no solving the problem:-?
    I also tried to re-install Office SP1 and SP2 – and I get a “Unable to install update” error:confused:
    Trying to access the problem thrugh the Control Panel => Change utility brings me back to the same error!!!!
    Ttrying to use the “Remove” utility – also no luck!!
    Trying to do Reinstall / Repair using the installation CD – SAME ERROR NOTICE!!

When trying to point at the Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon – there is nothing in the “Start In” window, and when trying to utilize “Find Target” it will not accept the command.

I looked in MS KB and other possible sources (through Googl Search) for solutions and nothing!!! All I found was about Office 2002 and XP SP1….
    Can some of you assist???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.