Https File Transfer Server Software Needed

Home Forums Other Misc Https File Transfer Server Software Needed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • humbletech99

Hi,

I have a requirement for an Https file transfer mechanism and am currently looking for software to do this function. I want the software to be ideally meet the following requirements:

– free/open source
    – run as a service on either windows or linux (preferrably the latter)
    – allow people to send files to a other people
    – must be secure and use https through a standard web browser
    – be very simple for clients to use (somebody should be able to pretty much go to the web page, select the recipient, choose a file and click upload)

We have an in house written web application that does this, and although it seems quite nice it does have it’s problems, so I’m looking for something standard on the internet to replace it.

The current mechanism accepts the file, and then emails the recipient with the https link to download it.

Surely somebody must have had this requirement before for simple quick document exchanges from outside the company to inside or vice versa that don’t use fully blown sftp servers or the like which requires both sides IT departments getting involved to set up both ends.

Does anyone have any recommendations for server softare on either windows or linux which can do this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: