How to import Active Directory and Exchange 2000 on new Domain and Server

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 How to import Active Directory and Exchange 2000 on new Domain and Server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    WANTD1

Hi,

Can anyone help me with moving Active Directory and Exchange 2000 from our old Windows 2000 Server environment to a completely new (domain and server) Windows 2000 Server environment.

We have just purchased a new server to replace the old one. We are staying with Windows 2000 Server as it has provided great service for us thus far.

We are using the same domain and server names for the new environment as we had for the old environmment.

The old and new environments are completely separated and cannot see eachother in any way, shape or form.

The new environment has been setup on the new server and everything is functioning as it should. A clean version of Active Directory is installed on the new server and I need to move the AD users, comuters, etc from the old environment to the new one. I also have to install exchange onto the new server and move the exchange 2000 store to it, but I was planning on waiting until I had finished the AD move first.

Details of setup are as follows:

Old Domain Server;

Domain Name: ORCA
    Name: S1DCServer
    O/S: Windows 2000 Server SP4
    Domain Controller
    Exchange 2000 SP2
    Active Directory

New Domain Server;

Domain Name: ORCA
    Name: S1DCServer
    Windows 2000 Server SP4
    Domain Controller
    Exchange 2000 SP2
    Active Directory

Any help would be much appreciated…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.