how to configure shortcut to shared folder over the desktop to all the Domain

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting how to configure shortcut to shared folder over the desktop to all the Domain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sti

hey all!
    my name is matan i’m new in here and searched all over for it.
    i need to create a shortcut over the desktop for an shared folder on the server and need this shortcut will be on every user desktop’s, for all the users in the domain

i now understand that i need to create an GPO and link it to the whole domain, in that gpo to create a logon script (in the->user configuration->windows settings-> Scritps (logon/logon)->logon->Properties->add->) select the .VBS file the i created
    i read about it and try it’ but i keep get error messages all the time, i think thet the script i used(which i founded over the network) was no good for what i need. please’ i dont know anything yet about writing sctipts so i dont know if this is the problem and if this is the right way to do it
    here is all the information:
    i’m using server 2003 sp1
    the name of the server is MSRV the name of the shared folder is Offline (offline files-the folder configured to be accessible also when the client not connected to the server) the correct path for the share: -\msrvOffline and it locate on d: drive on the server. clients use XP OS.
    the script i used i copy from a website and past it on txt file’ changed the path to -\msrvOffline and save it as a .vbs

thank you all!!!:razz:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.