How to configure Additional Domain Controller and remove Child Domain Controler.

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory How to configure Additional Domain Controller and remove Child Domain Controler.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    viswarup

Hi All,

I would like to configure a Additional Domain Controller for our new site. I have another 3 sites in my organization. All those sites configured with DNS and Sites.
    There is no secondary DNS configured anywhere. All are Active Directory Integrated DNS and it seems all are primary DNS server. In my new site there is child domain configured already. I want to remove the child domain and want to configure a Additional domain controler. Please give me the instruction how to setup all these.

Here is my organization setup:

location 1: bermuda, DC name: a.xyz.com ( Configured with AD+DNS+Site+DHCP+GC)
    location 2: waterloo, DC name: b.xyz.com ( Configured with AD+DNS+Site+DHCP+GC)
    location 3: Chicago, DC name c.xyz.com ( Configured with AD+DNS+Site+DHCP+GC)

New site ( Configured with Child domain)
    Location 4: Gemany, Child DC name: cdc.d.xyz.com ( Configured with AD+DNS+Site+DHCP+GC)

Question:
    1. How I will configure primary DNS in my ADC so that replication will happen from other
    three DC.
    2. How Site should be configured.
    3. How i will move DHCP from present child DC and place it to new ADC.
    4. Finally how I will remove the child DC from the domain.

I know this is a big question but it is very necessary for me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.