tejas_ambekarMemberJul 27, 2018 at 6:19 am #167633
Plz, explain the detail procedure to apply DLP in Office 365.
jack220296ParticipantSep 02, 2020 at 9:24 am #652264
The steps to Apply DLP in office 365 Include
To create a DLP policy, first log into the Office or Microsoft 365 tenant, select Admin centers and then choose Security & Compliance
1.Once the Security & Compliance center is loaded, expand the Data loss prevention menu, and choose the Policy menu item.
2. Select the Create a policy button. A wizard interface will load from the right side, where you can set the properties needed for the policy. Choose the industry regulation category, which will display regional and country-specific regulations.
3. Clicking the Financial option will display country-specific policies that you can use
4. Clicking a regulation will display a short description and the information it protects.
5. Once selected, click the next button and type the name and description for the policy, then press next. Not every location warrants a policy. You either select “All locations” or pick the locations that you want the policy to apply. You can decide between Exchange email, SharePoint sites, and OneDrive accounts. For SharePoint and OneDrive sites, you can choose sites or accounts as well as exclude some as needed
6. Once you have defined the locations, press the next button. Now you can either choose the simple or advanced option. Simple settings make it easy to create the most types of DLP policies without creating rules. Advanced settings use the rule editor to give you control over every setting of your policy. The simple setting option covers the most common scenarios.
Even with the simple option, you still need to choose the detection type for the policy you are creating
7.Once you choose whether to inspect external or internal content, press the next button. You will need to define policy tips for the end-users. Then, you can set an alert for the number of times a sensitive information type is shared with the same content. Finally, chose whether or not to block people from sharing and restrict access to the content.
8.You can turn the rule on right away, test it, and show or hide policy tips, or simply not enable it at all.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.