How many RDP connections allowed if TS is not set up

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 How many RDP connections allowed if TS is not set up

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kingbear2

I have a bunch of Windows Server 2003 boxes and upper management in this specific company needs to access certain software on these machines. Up until now they were all logging in as administrator, and if one logged in while someone else was on, they would get kicked off. I don’t like them having admin access so I wanted to make other accounts for them to log on.

I searched but can’t find an exact science as to when it would allow multiple sessions under the same username, when it would kick one off if someone else was logged on, and most importantly, how many concurrent connections are allowed into the machine at once? All this is on a box that is not set up for terminal services.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can learn how to set it up in a way that if a few people in upper management wanted to log on at the same time I could create multiple usernames and they wouldn’t kick each other out?

Thanks

P.S. I have the same questions on Windows Server 2008 – I know it works a little different but I don’t want to repost the same question there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.