massimiliano.rizziMemberOct 28, 2013 at 12:39 pm #162588
as part of working on a Server Virtualization project for a new customer, we have recently took over administration of an old physical server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition and the following (painful because on a single server) combination of platforms/services:
1) Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (this server is currently holding all 5 FSMO roles)
2) Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
3) BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0.3 (Bundle 12)
Our primary goal is to get rid of the old hardware and to migrate the said platforms/services into the following set of new Virtual Machines running on a new VMware vSphere cluster:
1) a new VM running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows Server 2012 for Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (this new VM will hold all 5 FSMO roles)
2) a new VM running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition SP3
3) a new VM running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP4
I have already performed Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services and Microsoft Exchange Server Migrations in the past and I have a very clear understanding of the steps necessary to migrate the said platforms/services from A to Z, however I don’t have any knowledge about BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express installation/administration/migration.
Can someone please provide guidance on the high level steps necessary to carry out the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express migration along with the Microsoft Exchange Server Migration ? More specifically, I really don’t have a clue when to start the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express migration during the Microsoft Exchange Server Migration.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.