Help with TS 2003 in SBS 2008 R2 w/roaming profiles

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Help with TS 2003 in SBS 2008 R2 w/roaming profiles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RobW

I am digging myself a hole in the ground and need some help.

My customer had SBS 2003 and a TS 2003. The network is all roaming profiles. I replaced the SBS 2003 server with SBS 2008 R2. I manually rebuilt all the roaming user profiles saving only the desktop and favorites. I have folder redirection enabled for the Desktop and My Documents.

I joined the TS 2003 server to the domain, enabled the TS role, installed the TS licensing server locally and reactivated the TS CALs.. I wiped out all the old user profiles on the TS because they are all rebuilt on the SBS 2008 server. I did not have time to put the TS into its own OU and ock it down. In the properties for the users profile, there is no profile location defined in the ‘termiinal services’ tab.

When I log onto the TS 2003 it creates the users profile c:documents and settings as {username}. Aother time the user logs on, another profile is created which looks like {username}.{domain}. Abut half of the users now have multiple profiles that look like {username}.{domain}.001, {username}.{domain}.002, {username}.{domain}.003.

In the properties for the folder Doucument and Settings I gave full permissions to ‘Everyboody’, ‘Remote Desktop User, and even ‘Domain User’ but I still have the problem. Eventually the TS becomes slow and users can’t log on because no RPC server is availailable. I have checked the multiple profiles being created. For {username} everyone has permissions. The same for {username}.{domain}. When I look into the profiles with 000, 001, 002 the user has full access and so does SYSTEM and local administrator but no other user or group is listed in the security properties.

My plan is to replace the TS but I can’t do that until the fall. What can I do to fix this? Do I have to move all by users into a share on the TS called c:users and then define this in the users profile on the SBS server? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.