Hey All, Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
We are a small comapany with 150 users that need access to Terminal Services to see and use our custom CRM app. Right now we have one Terminal Services Server running and we have a few problems with it. Among them, that it’s slow, and right now there is no redundancy. We are also currently running Terminal Services, File and Print Services, DNS, DHCP, and our apps all on this one box. We know we need to change, and I was wondering if one of you guys, with your infinite expertise, can help me come up with a solution that would work for me.
I would imagine I need 2 TS’s for redundancy and Load Balancing, and I think I may need another server or 2 dedicated to the AD. Also, as with any TS environment, our printers are causing a big headache. I’ve done research on the net a lot, but haven’t found a rock solid solution. We are currently using Simplify Screwdrivers from Tricerat.
If you could let me know:
1. What type of hardware should we be using for the server (we use Dell, so I would like to stick with a PowerEdge server)?
2. What services can we be running on the TS machine?
3. How many TS machines do we need?
4. Where should the AD be stored?
5. How should we incorporate Load Balancing?
6. What is the right answer to our printer problem?
Anything else that you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.