GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

HELP!! window server 2003 issues

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 HELP!! window server 2003 issues

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TechNOB

I am new to server 2003 and I don’t know much about networks. Since our network administrator quit, I was assigned to this job.

Now. the issue starts from last week, when I was trying to add a new user to the system. The new user is able to login to the server. however, he can’t access the internet. The new user’s work station is from a previous employee. i was trying to add the computer to the domain under the new user’s profile.

There must be something I did.

Then I got this error message:

Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later.

So, I follow the instructions on “Fixing windows cannot connect to the domain errors” guide.

I change the computer name and I typed in WG as work group.

Now, when I was trying to reboot. I can’t use the administrator’s password to log on.

And the log in screen will normally show an option, the server I am trying to log on to, is now gone.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.