Help. Can’t find/login to my domain after migrating DC to new box.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Help. Can’t find/login to my domain after migrating DC to new box.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Boldfist

Can you help me? At work I have an old 2003 server box that is a DC. It’s been having problems so we bought a brand new server installed 2003 and making it the new DC. Did domainprep and forestprep on old DC. Joined the new DC to the domain, did DCpromo and promoted it to DC. Transferred FSMO roles from old DC to new DC. Transferred DNS to new DC. Made new DC global catalog server. Turned off old DC and tried logging into domain on workstation while new DC was still online. Says it can’t login because it can’t find the domain. I don’t think I’ve skipped any steps but I’m completely lost. I’ve done this before and it has worked fine but this time around as soon as I shut down the old DC the new DC looses complete sight of the domain all together and doesn’t allow anyone to log in. Even though AD is replicated and so is the DNS. When I turn the old DC back on everything comes back and the domain becomes available again. I’m lost, any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.