Having DHCP server issues

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DHCP Having DHCP server issues

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JamesA

I have been looking everywhere to try and find a solution to the issue that I’m having.

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that is currently hosting AD, DNS and DHCP as well as a printer server. I want to decommission this server, so I setup a Windows 2012 R2 server that I have installed AD, DNS and DHCP. I’m pretty sure I setup the DNS and DHCP on the new server, exactly the same as on the 2008 server. When I test the DHCP on the new server to make sure that it is handing out ips, I disable the DHCP service on the 2008 server. When I try a ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew on my test pc. It just hangs there and eventually gives up. I enable the servie n the 2008 service and the test pc can grab an ip no problem. Over the last few hrs, the new DHCP server grabbed a couple ips. I have no idea how it’s doing this when you can’t manually grab an ip from the new dhcp server.

What is going on, and what can I try to resolve this issue? If anyone needs clarification on the above issue or logs or anything, let me know and I would be happy to assist.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.