GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Group policy not working

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO Group policy not working

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KingRao

Hello Everyone,

Glad I found this site and hopefully get useful information from here. I recently installed the GPMC console on my win server 2003 OS and trying to create a simple GP(Group policy) but it just won’t work when I test with a specific user.

I’ve got an OU named “Test” and a GPO(group policy) linked to this OU, I have edited the GPO under User configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar>”Remove and prevent access to the Shut down command” – Enabled.

In Active Directory I have a group namely “No Shutdown for User” and added a user to this group, after doing that I placed this group in the “Test” OU.

Now, when I logon with this user I can still see the Shutdown option in start menu. As far as I know I had enabled to remove and prevent access to the shutdown command. I tried running GPUPDATE /force command as well but no luck :( Can someone please advise on the correct procedure for setting this up. I want the Group policy applied in this specific manner where I use groups which consist of users rather than assigning it to users directly.
    Also if anyone can refer to a video tutorial online that will be helpful in understanding and using GPO’s.

Thanks much!
    KR
    (Using Windows Server 2003 with XP SP2 clients)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.