VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

Group Policy Not Applying Computer Config

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Group Policy Not Applying Computer Config

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Couch

Hi Everyone,

My first of many postings :-D, I am trying to drill group policy into my brain but it getting a little frustrating reading books that have got a 1000+ pages on this topic. So time to ask the professionals :)

I have created a group policy and linked it to the OU that I want to test, I am using server 2003 and GPMC by the way. Now I have set a simple lockout policy (2 attempts) for the computer config and just put a random title on internet explorer for a user setting.

I tried 3 duff passwords and then the correct password and I was still able to logon? how come?. I opened IE and the title was showing the title that I had typed so some of the GP was applied.

Back to the gpmc, on the settings tab of the policy it is showing the lockout policy as applied, but if I run the GP results wizard on the pc and user I am using it is saying computer settings are not defined?

Is there something simple I am overlooking here?

Any help will be very much appreciated guys

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By