GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Folder Redirection and Offline Files.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Folder Redirection and Offline Files.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Parth Maniar

Greeting’s,

I have a windows server 2012, standard edition running roles of AD and WSUS. I need to enable Folder Redirection and Offiline Files. I’ve tried this multiple times including following the instructions in the following document “Deploy Folder Redirection with Offline Files” – technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649078.aspx right down to the GPO name and folder name. But I am just not able to implement folder redirection. I am unsure what other way can I secure the user data hence I am not trying with read / write access to EVERYONE (or authenticated users)

Everyime I try to access the share folder I am prompted with credentials box (login ID and Password prompt), this is true in case of all machines joined to the domain; including with Administrator ID. I am sure it’s permission problem due to this prompt.

All the client machines are running windows 7. My AD isn’t running on default folders (AD is installed on different partition) and the share folder is on a different partition (not on systemroot or the one where AD is installed).

I would appreciate any help diagnostic or otherwise.

Thanking you in anticipation,
    Parth Maniar

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.