Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Firefox Quantum And Grammarly

Home Forums Other Open Source Firefox Quantum And Grammarly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

OK,

So I use Firefox (currently Quantum 62.0) and I also use the Grammarly addon for my facebook posts etc. It also worked here in the Petri forum but not any more.

Up until several versions back (pre-Quantum I think so probably version 56 or some such) Grammarly worked AOK but then just stopped. I’ve disabled several addons to see if that impacts it but it makes no difference.

My research led me to the following page on the Grammarly support site:

https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000090611-Error-Connecting-to-the-Grammarly-server-message-or-Not-connected-notification-pop-up-

This basically said to unblock the following:

capi.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)
    data.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)
    auth.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)

That seemed fairly straightforward until I went to the Mozilla support forum to ask how to do that and got the following response:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1083282#answer-780274

I was able (I think, not sure) to add the following:

network.security.ports.banned.override;443

I couldn’t add any more and certainly couldn’t add the specific things the Grammarly support article suggested so I wondered if any of you guys could offer guidance I’d really appreciate it :)

Thanks

James

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: