Firefox download tabs

Home Forums Other Open Source Firefox download tabs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bertmax

OK, I really don’t know what they’re called, but whenever you download something in Firefox, it’s the tab that appears when you click on the green arrow that allows you to run the program. Perhaps if I knew the name of it, I could find the answer in Google, but so far, no such luck.

In my job, I do a lot of testing and have noticed some peculiar behavior that coincided with the release of v26 of Firefox. I download components of our software many times a day to test in different environments. Well, I’ve noticed that sometimes when I download, I’ll get duplicate tabs. Both tabs are pointing to the same file, which is all alone in the Downloads folder. We randomly generate an install key with each download, which is listed in the filename, so I know both tabs are for the same thing.

Now, all that said, this could very well be the result of our software. I must have tried downloading 50 different files from Sourceforge and couldn’t duplicate the process. However, when I turn the issue over to dev, they can’t reproduce the problem. That’s when I turned to Google, but can’t find anything, so either I am using the wrong search criteria, or it’s a bug with our software.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.