file server migration toolkit missing data problem

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 file server migration toolkit missing data problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nephilim

Hi,

first post, but long time user (troll?)

here goes.

I have a Windows 2000 fileserver (data) that is due to be decommissioned, so this weekend I ran the file server migration toolkit from microsoft on the new fileserver (data01)

all appeared to be going well – there were some errors due to access denied messages for a few folders (HR and payroll) but all else seems well, reports from the fsmt say the migration was successfull. however….

when I am on the new server, I go into the location of the migrated data to tweak the share information D:datamigrated, and I can see the folder for the server name (data), but no subfolders e.g. (depts). if I look in my computer of the new server there is the right amount of Mb taken up on the free space list.

I can browse to the share on client machines ([URL=”file://\data01depts_data”]\data01depts_data[/URL] ) and all the files and folders appear to be there.

my question is how can I see the subfolder of migrated so that I can tweak the share information on the server?:confused:

thanks in advance for your help

regards

Nephilim

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.