File Rellication Service Error 13508

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 File Rellication Service Error 13508

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jwc1972

can’t get this error to stop coming up in event viewer. dns looks OK, but am I missing anything? the netlogon share is not being created and i think its due to this error. HELP! I can Ping it, resolve the names etc. is this problem on my Primary DC? On googling this might be a probem with the windows firewall

Open ports on the firewall
    MS Sql
    dns
    udp_389_ldap
    Tcp 3268_Ldap_gc
    Tcp_135
    ntp

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: NtFrs
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 13508
    Date: 2/16/2006
    Time: 7:13:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YODA
    Description:
    The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local to YODA for c:windowssysvoldomain using the DNS name \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

can’t get this error to stop coming up in event viewer. just built a new DC to be a backup netlogon for my primary DC. DNS looks OK, but am I missing anytning? the netlogon share is not being created and i think its due to this error. HELP! I can Ping it, resolve the names etc. is this problem on my Primary DC?

THe steps below seem not to help at all.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: NtFrs
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 13508
    Date: 2/16/2006
    Time: 7:13:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: Computer
    Description:
    The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local to computer for c:windowssysvoldomain using the DNS name \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on \SERVER0.DOMAIN.local.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.