GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

"External email addresses" not showing in GAL

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 "External email addresses" not showing in GAL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RouterPouter

Hey all,

I have an Exchange 2000 server, and recently was asked to add two contacts into Exchange DLs and Contacts–>External Email Addresses. The two contacts have email addresses that are NOT from one of our domains.

After two days, these addresses are still not searchable when I compose a new message, click To:, and search the global address list.

I’m new to managing Exchange, but did a bunch of searching on this forum and checked a few basics: the Recipient Update Service is running every morning at 6 a.m., and I did try doing a manual download of the GAL with my Outlook client to ensure I was receiving the latest info. I also checked that these new contacts I added are replicating to both our DCs.

The GAL contains many contacts that have email addresses outside of our domain, so I don’t understand why my newest additions aren’t popping up! Any ideas?

Brian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.